He is a former Ireland back-row and lock, who played 27 times for the Irish international rugby team. Originally from Tipperary, he was educated at Abbey CBS. He began his career at Clanwilliam before moving on to Shannon and Munster, where he was a two-time Heineken Cup winner (2006 & 2008). Alan was also selected to play in two World Cups, in 2003 and 2007. Since retiring from an extended playing career he has forged a very successful career as a media analyst, MC and Journalist. In addition, Alan's work on the Motivational, Leadership and Wellness circuit has seen him quickly develop into a sought after speaker both in Ireland and the UK. Alan also writes for the Irish Independent and works with RTE, Sky Sports and Newstalk. He was part of ITV’s Rugby World Coverage in 2011 & 2015.
Alan is an excellent communicator and is one of our most popular sport's and mental health speakers. He is available for after-dinner, keynote, MC, or awards host.
Themes and Topics include
- Alan’s personal experience of being an elite athlete and the pressure that entails
- High performance =High pressure
- Building resilience
- Coping strategies and positive mental health
- Anecdotal stories from his international playing career
- Rugby analysis
- The importance of exercise and healthy lifestyle